Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just Wildflowers and One Cat








In Cadiz we paused in the mountains for a long walk. Everywhere there were wildflowers. Hundreds of different kinds. They were everywhere. I couldn't stop taking pictures of them. It was cold in the mountains and a mist was coming in, but it was so beautiful, I couldn't stop. The place was completely quiet. Just the sound of the wind through the mountains. It was one of those places where I would have stayed forever if I could...I've been thinking about this a lot. How sometimes we want to stay somewhere and never move on. Daily life is circular, a routine, but travel, like life, is linear, and it is a hard truth that we must keep moving. But this mountain valley is one of those places where I could have stopped, if time and the setting sun had let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment