Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Tale of Three Cities

Actually there's not much of a tale, but here are paintings of three cities.  Whenever I go to a new place, I try and do a painting of it.  These paintings only exist in my travel journals.  At times I've tried to repaint them from the journals on to paper but it is never very successful.  For whatever reason the journals seem to be the only place where I feel completely free. Though I have started to work right on paper more, especially when I'm home, I love doing this work in my journals.  These are, in order, Mojacar, Spain, Auvillar, France, and Matera, Italy.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your paintings and thoughts

    I am reading Nothing to Declare, and remembering my own travels as a much younger woman, also in the 1980's, wistfully.

    ReplyDelete