Sunday, January 23, 2011

Landscape as watercolor - for my cousin, Donna




6:30 a.m., a freezing morning, a game park in India. This image presents itself. The mist rising on a pond. My cousin, Donna, paints watercolors that look like this. Nothing stirring, silent. It's all about to happen. I often feel this way about landscapes. They are filled with anticipation. This morning was so beautiful. I made the driver stop here for a long time, though he was hardly reluctant to do so. He too loved this place. Birds were everywhere. Brilliant green bee-eaters, turquoise and orange kingfisher, the incredible turquoise and black roller bird. Spotted deer grazed nearby. No signs of tigers. Just this peaceful moment in the morning before everything begins again in the world.

4 comments:

  1. I love that notion, that empty landscapes are about anticipation. I never thought of it that way. I suppose is why why stare at them, take photos, draw and paint them, endlessly...Is there ever anything more magnetic than possibility? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful watercolor landscape, it is like one of the photos that a friend of mine showed me the other day, he went to Canada and took amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. replique homme montres france, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replique homme omega montres france , the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that notion, that empty landscapes are about anticipation. I never thought of it that way. I suppose is why why stare at them, take photos, draw and paint them, endlessly...Is there ever anything more magnetic than possibility? :-)

    ReplyDelete