Wednesday, August 25, 2010

on the Shores of Lake Michigan...



This is me and Kate, relaxing on the shores of Lake Michigan. We're in Milwaukee, visiting my mom. But someone had dragged a picnic table down to the sea and bolted it to a broken-up concrete dock. Sitting at this beautiful place I thought that I wanted to make time stop. I wanted to stay here forever. A young couple were walking by. Perhaps they weren't older than sixteen. He had a lot of tattooes. She was a petite Asian girl with a fair amount of facial piercings. And I asked them to take our pic w/Kate's phone. Which is what they did. They were very nice about it and told us to have a good day. Which we did.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I love short posts like this that mean and tell so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peace floats in this post, Mary.

    I wish you more beautiful moments.

    ReplyDelete